Our charter & more about Qualmark
We've been awarded a 4-star + rating from Qualmark, New Zealand's leading quality certification organisation
Sustainable Business Network
The aim of the Nelson-Tasman Sustainable Business Network is to continually improve and promote the environmental, social, cultural and economic sustainability of tourism businesses within the region.
Network members will:
(a) Embrace and support the inseparable link between the natural environment and business success in tourism, particularly
- By recognising environmental impacts and managing tourism accordingly
- By actively giving action to the concept of Kaitiakitanga (Stewardship)
- By caring for ourselves, our staff and our customers
- By leading, guiding, supporting, and mentoring local small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- By working towards improved water, land, and air quality, and bio-diversity
(b) Acknowledge Nelson-Tasman's unique regional identity and diverse cultural make-up to provide and promote an inspiring, and engaging experience for all visitors
(c) Develop mutual understanding, and foster support and participation between the Nelson-Tasman tourism industry and our community
(d) Actively communicate and influence staff and other stakeholders regarding sustainability.
Qualmark New Zealand Limited is New Zealand tourism's official quality agency. It is a government and private sector partnership between Tourism New Zealand and New Zealand Automobile Association. Qualmark licenses professional and trustworthy New Zealand tourism businesses to use the Qualmark 'tourism's official quality mark' to help international and domestic travellers select places to stay, things to do and ways to get around.